Trails Recreation Center Aquatics Programs
With 18,000 square feet of aquatics area; fun and instruction is the name of the game. Please check out all of our programs and open swim times in the catalog or on our schedule below.
LEARN TO SWIM
Swimming is fun, and being comfortable in and around the water is an important life skill. We have a variety of group swim classes designed to meet the needs of all ages and ability levels. Our Group Swim Classes follow American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim guidelines, and all of our instructors are certified Red Cross Water Safety Instructors. All group swim lesson sessions run four weeks in length and are offered at a variety of times throughout the week to meet your busy lifestyle! Not sure which level to register for or have questions regarding our swim lesson program? We are here to help! Contact the Aquatics Office at 303-269-8430 and we will be happy to assist you. Classes fill quickly; we encourage early registration to guarantee your spot.
- Parent & Tot (6 mos – 3 yrs) – These courses introduce children to the water in a fun and relaxed group setting. Parents participate in the water with their children
- Preschool Levels (3 – 5 yrs) – Toddler, Beginner, Basic Strokes, Intermediate, Advanced
- Youth Levels (6 – 12 yrs) – Beginner, Basic Strokes, Advanced Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced Skills, Expert, Youth Stroke Refinement
- Teen & Adult (13+ yrs) – Beginner and Intermediate; swim lessons aren’t just for children. These classes are designed for adults who have little to no experience in the water. We’ll start off with the basics and work with you until you’re able to confidently swim in a fun and relaxed group setting.
Private & Semi Private Lessons
Each person is unique and learns differently; if you or your child would benefit from more one-on-one instruction time, consider Private Swim Lessons! These lessons offer a great deal of flexibility and personalized attention. Lessons can vary in length from 30 minutes to one hour at a time. We will match you with an instructor who specializes in helping you achieve your goals. Private swim lessons are available to all levels. Semi private lessons are also available for groups up to 4. Private and semi-private swim lesson packages in 5 and 10 lesson increments.
Looking for an opportunity to become a lifeguard or Water Safety Instructor? Our water safety training classes follow American Red Cross Guidelines. Participants must pass a prerequisite swim test on the first day of these courses and must attend all class sessions; no exceptions. Employment opportunities may be available, but not guaranteed after successful completion. Look for these classes in our catalog.
Scout Troops, Day Cares, Field Trips and Special Events; The Trails Pool has something for everyone to enjoy! Groups of 10 or more may participate at reduced rates. Arrangements must be made with the Aquatics Supervisor. Please complete the Pool Rental Form and return to the Aquatics Supervisor.
IMPORTANT POOL RULES
- Appropriate swimwear is required at all times.
- No inflatables are allowed; Any flotation device must be Coast Guard approved.
- Slide users must be 48” tall.
- Children 5 and under must have an adult (16+) in the water with them.
- Children 6-9 must be supervised by an adult (16+) on the pool deck.
- Children 10-12 must have a supervising adult (16+) in the facility.
- The lap pool is designated for lap swimming only. All users under 15 years old must seek approval from the lifeguard before using the lap pool.
- You must be at least 16 years old to use the Hot Tub. Youth ages 13-15 may be in the hot tub with direct supervision or a parent or guardian in the water.
- The sauna and steam room are limited to guests 16 years and older. No personal grooming, please.